Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/08 16:48:30 UTC

Add Apache License to reduced pom (shade plugin)

Hi there,

We are using the shade plugin in the Apache BookKeeper project (BOOKKEEPER-724, BOOKKEEPER-730) and we originally wanted to the add the Apache license to the reduced pom generated so that we could ship it with our next release. However, we couldn't find any option that allows us to add the license automatically. Is it right that there is no option to add it automatically to the reduced pom? If this is right, then the next question is if we really need to add the license header to a generated file.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestion of how to deal with this problem?

Thanks!
-Flavio

Re: Add Apache License to reduced pom (shade plugin)

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
that JIRA is different. It is asking for _comments_ from the original
pom to flow through, which is pretty nearly impossible. if you ask for
a brand new comment to be inserted based on some configuration
element, and better yet offer a patch, that's doable.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.