Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/08/15 14:31:15 UTC

Re: adding module mod_proxy to apache

Amit Desai wrote:

> we are trying to add mod_proxy (1.23) to apache-2_0_23.
> after running following commands, it gives error while running make.
> please, can you go through the errors and tell us what is creating
> problem.

I'm not sure if building with apxs is support yet. The way to build it
currently is to place all the files in the httpd-proxy/module-2.0
directory inside the httpd-2.0/modules/proxy directory, and then
configure Apache from scratch adding the --enable-proxy flag to switch
the proxy on.

(We really need to get his issue of proxy into Apache sorted out once
and for all)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: adding module mod_proxy to apache

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Um, why not just fetch the tarball? Apxs is broken in 2.0 AFAIK.

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/httpd-proxy/

We'll be putting proxy back in before 2.0 releases. Nothing else is
coming out, and two core modules will be dependent on proxy, hence...

Chuck

On Wednesday, August 15, 2001, at 08:31 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Amit Desai wrote:
>
>> we are trying to add mod_proxy (1.23) to apache-2_0_23.
>> after running following commands, it gives error while running make.
>> please, can you go through the errors and tell us what is creating
>> problem.
>
> I'm not sure if building with apxs is support yet. The way to build it
> currently is to place all the files in the httpd-proxy/module-2.0
> directory inside the httpd-2.0/modules/proxy directory, and then
> configure Apache from scratch adding the --enable-proxy flag to switch
> the proxy on.
>
> (We really need to get his issue of proxy into Apache sorted out once
> and for all)

Chuck Murcko
Topsail Group
http://www.topsail.org/