Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com> on 1999/01/15 22:36:55 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src Configure

jim@hyperreal.org writes:
>jim         99/01/15 12:32:54
>
>  Modified:    src      Configure
>  Log:
>  Found my old System 7 shell book... Looks like this "." vs "x" stuff
>  isn't needed at all, as long as we wrap both sides in "". So, instead
>  we'll use
>
>  	"$VAR" = ""
>  	   or
>  	"$VAR" = "value"
>
>  and this make it crystal clear.

:-(  I'm perfectly willing to believe that one of the
thousands of superstitious behaviors I use when writing
shell scripts is unnecessary, but I'm entirely unwilling
to forswear any one of them.  Better not to tempt the
gods boy, they are a mean lot!  - ben

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src Configure

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
ditto, please back out those changes.

Dean