Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Romano <r....@set-network.com> on 2001/11/21 14:50:52 UTC

How To Send Users To A Default Page After Form based Login ?

Hi all,
I succesfully configured my webapp for login authentication, but I get
a "Page not Found" Error, when a user access DIRECTLY the login page,
(and not a protected area!!) and correctly gives his username and
password. Probably Tomcat simply doesn't know WHERE to forward the
user, because he didn't request a protected page!!
When using Tomcat 3.2 I solved this by looking at the
"tomcat.auth.originalLocation" parameter in the session object, and
then defining a "default" value for this attribute when it was not
set.
How to do this with Tomcat 4 ??
Thanks.
Renato

Re: Catalina Authentication PLS Help !!

Posted by Barry White <ba...@charter.net>.
I remember some discussion about this subject.  Have you searched the
achives?

URGENT !!! Please HELP !!!