Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frank Ling <fe...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/20 23:42:57 UTC

Can't access ActionForm properties in Action perform()!

Hi, There:

I have some question regarding access the actionform, I have two Actions, one is "edit" and one is "save", they both share the same form just like struts-example, when I do the edit, the form is access fun, but when I do the save, the ActionForm is not null, but content in form is null, I am really no sure is the scope problem or something else.

If anybody have similar problem before, please give some help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Frank Ling

Re: Can't access ActionForm properties in Action perform()!

Posted by Frank Ling <st...@hotmail.com>.
HI, Craig:

Thank you very much for your quick reply, but I did exactlly like example.
here is related info for my struts-config.xml.

 <!--Statement form bean-->
<form-bean name="statementForm" type="com.ingenuity.app.apt.StatementForm"/>
   </form-beans>

 <!--Display Statement-->
      <action path="/displayStm"
type="com.ingenuity.app.apt.DisplayStmAction" name="statementForm"
scope="request" validate="false">
         <forward name="success" path="/displayStm.jsp"/>
      </action>
      <!--Save Statement-->
      <action path="/saveStm" type="com.ingenuity.app.apt.SaveStmAction"
name="statementForm" scope="request" input="/displayStm.jsp">
         <forward name="success" path="/displayStm.jsp"/>
      </action>

I did have name and scope be the same, but some how still give me error.

Thanks.

Frank Ling

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Frank Ling wrote:

> Hi, There:
>
> I have some question regarding access the actionform, I have two Actions, one is "edit" and one is "save", they both share the same form just like struts-example, when I do the edit, the form is access fun, but when I do the save, the ActionForm is not null, but content in form is null, I am really no sure is the scope problem or something else.

Make sure that you've declared your dependence on the form bean in *both*
entries in struts-config.xml (using the same bean name and scope), as the
example does:

	<action path="/editRegistration"
		name="registrationForm"
	       scope="request"
	/>

	<action path="/saveRegistration"
		name="registrationForm"
               scope="request"
	/>

> If anybody have similar problem before, please give some help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Frank Ling

Craig