Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/03 11:13:37 UTC

diagnosis: gumpy on LSD

Hi gang,

checking out xalan again apparently did the trick:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/xml-xalan/xml-xalan2.html

but there's still modules failing for similar reasons (it seems some
files have gone corrupt):

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/xml-xerces/build/build_xml-xerces_xml-xerces1.html

I think the way forward is deletion of the entire cvs and rsynced cvs
trees, then checking everything out again. Adam, does gumpy know how to
checkout things that are missing? Ie, can I just `rm -Rf` a whole lot of
stuff?

cheers!

- Leo

Re: diagnosis: gumpy on LSD

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>I think the way forward is deletion of the entire cvs
>
> It's the only way AFAICS.
>
>>and rsynced cvs trees,
>
> Should rsync sort it out by itself?

my guess is that will be significantly more cpu-intensive!

- LSD

Re: diagnosis: gumpy on LSD

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003, Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> wrote:

> but there's still modules failing for similar reasons (it seems some
> files have gone corrupt):

I've seen things like that after manual CVS surgery quite often
(i.e. when anybody thought it was a good idea to remove a directory
from CVS or remove ,v files).

> I think the way forward is deletion of the entire cvs

It's the only way AFAICS.

> and rsynced cvs trees,

Should rsync sort it out by itself?

Stefan

Re: diagnosis: gumpy on LSD

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> I think the way forward is deletion of the entire cvs

lets be daring....

[lsimons@lsd /data/gump/cvs]$ rm -Rf *

currently running....

- LSD

Re: diagnosis: gumpy on LSD

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I think the way forward is deletion of the entire cvs and rsynced cvs
> trees, then checking everything out again. Adam, does gumpy know how to
> checkout things that are missing? Ie, can I just `rm -Rf` a whole lot of
> stuff?

Please do. If (for some unknown reason) it doesn't figure it out, I'll teach
it.

regards

Adam