Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sebasalvo <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/22 14:13:29 UTC

Virtual Topics without existing consumers

Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie in the ActiveMQ world. Please, let me ask you the
following:

What happens with messages delivered to a virtual topic that doesn't have a
consumer (queues or regular topics) behind it? I mean, where do all those
messages go? Are they kept in memory or in the kahadb storage?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Re: Virtual Topics without existing consumers

Posted by sebasalvo <se...@gmail.com>.
Allright, I see. Thanks!

Re: Virtual Topics without existing consumers

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
The semantics of a topic are the same, whether the topic is virtual or
physical, persistent or non-persistent.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Messages sent to topics are kept until they have been delivered to all
consumers, so messages sent to topics with no consumers are deleted
immediately.

Tim