Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by stephen chi zhang <sc...@viator.com> on 2004/02/02 00:02:43 UTC

What does pluto.xml do in webapps?

That may be a question I should ask the first time when I touched pluto
and wsrp4j(it has a wsrp.xml) stuff.
However, better late than nothing.
My job is to move pluto onto resin from tomcat, so far it has been very
successful. I deployed pluto as a war file into resin's webapps, however
I had to copy pluto.xml along with its parents into the webapps as well
just to make sure the state of pluto stuff is as intact as what it is in
tomcat. A confusion arisen so far, why do we need pluto.xml. My pluto
still works alright on resin even if I deliberately deleted the pluto.xml.

Any comment is most welcomed, and cheers in advance

--
www.viator.com

Re: What does pluto.xml do in webapps?

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
the pluto.xml is tomcat specific and turns on the tomcat cross-context
dispatching for pluto and adds the pluto web app under /pluto to tomcat.

Stefan