Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Olivier Prouvost <ol...@anyware-tech.com> on 2001/03/13 18:47:24 UTC

Out Of Memory when calling lots of ant in a build.xml

I've got an OutOfMemory too !

In fact, I've a build.xml file which calls several time another
build.xml file. After about 40 or 50 calls, it failed with an
OutOfMemory...  Why ant does not free the used memory ? Does it keep all
references to all the called files ?

Thanks

  Olivier Prouvost     Anyware Technologies
  Tel : 05 61 00 52 90 Fax : 05 61 00 51 46
  Web : http://www.anyware-tech.com

Re: Out Of Memory when calling lots of ant in a build.xml

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Olivier Prouvost <ol...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> In fact, I've a build.xml file which calls several time another
> build.xml file. After about 40 or 50 calls, it failed with an
> OutOfMemory...  Why ant does not free the used memory ?

It is supposed to - can you somehow try to find out what is playing
the memory hog here?

> Does it keep all references to all the called files ?

Again, it is supposed to null them out.

Stefan