Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Will Stranathan <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/05 17:23:44 UTC

RE: Problem installing libapreq on Win2k

>From: "Maurice Height" <mh...@iinet.net.au>
>Subject: Problem installing libapreq on Win2k
>
>The installation of libapreq2 on my machine failed when using Activestate's
>ppm utility.
>My setup is Win2K, ActivePerl 5.8.2 build 808 and Apache v2.0.48 which is
>installed under dir D:\Apache\Apache2

The way I got it to work was to download the .ppd file, take out the
<INSTALL EXEC line, then install the local PPD:

ppm install d:/temp/libarpreq2.ppd

Then, download the missing DLL's and install them - you'll need:
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/libapreq2.dll
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/mod_apreq.so

And you'll need to add a LoadFile line for the DLL and a LoadModule for the
module.

I only did VERY cursory testing of this, so I don't know if it will actually
function - but at least Apache started up and ran.