Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Santiago Miguel <mi...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/04/26 14:04:54 UTC

Special handling of double-click/refresh/back in a Turbine 2.3.1 application

Hi.

I am working on an application that has a link to create a new object.
To avoid the creation of the object twice in case of a double-click, I
followed the indications on
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-turbine/Turbine2/UsersGuide/TurbineActionDoubleSubmit

So I added a 'session_access_counter' parameter in the request and it
works fine.

However my problem is that in case of an invalid request (following a
double-click, refresh or back), I don't want to return an error page to
the user (the page template.invalidstate or screen.invalidstate).
Instead I'd like to return no response, or to simply ignore the second
click (and normally continue the execution).

Is it something that seems possible to do?

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Re: Special handling of double-click/refresh/back in a Turbine 2.3.1 application

Posted by Santiago Miguel <mi...@yahoo.fr>.
Peter Courcoux a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This might do what you want. I am using it with Turbine 2.4M1.
>
> http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zebra/zebra/src/java/ocelot/
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>

> Santiago Miguel wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am working on an application that has a link to create a new object.
>> To avoid the creation of the object twice in case of a double-click, I
>> followed the indications on
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-turbine/Turbine2/UsersGuide/TurbineActionDoubleSubmit
>>

>> So I added a 'session_access_counter' parameter in the request and it
>> works fine.
>>
>> However my problem is that in case of an invalid request (following a
>> double-click, refresh or back), I don't want to return an error page
>> to the user (the page template.invalidstate or screen.invalidstate).
>> Instead I'd like to return no response, or to simply ignore the second
>> click (and normally continue the execution).
>>
>> Is it something that seems possible to do?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.

Thank you very much. It looks interesting.

Regards,

Miguel

Re: Special handling of double-click/refresh/back in a Turbine 2.3.1 application

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Hi,