Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2016/10/11 05:03:19 UTC

FYI - marking data type APIs stable

I noticed today that our data types APIs (org.apache.spark.sql.types) are
actually DeveloperApis, which means they can be changed from one feature
release to another. In reality these APIs have been there since the
original introduction of the DataFrame API in Spark 1.3, and has not seen
any breaking changes since then. It makes more sense to mark them stable.

There are also a number of DataFrame related classes that have been
Experimental or DeveloperApi for eternity. I will be marking these stable
in the upcoming feature release (2.1).

Please shout if you disagree.