Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Jay Chung <zh...@hotmail.com> on 2022/11/14 07:30:14 UTC

[meetting] About dolphinscheduler release and maintenance

Our community had not had official about our product release. And we maintain three versions (2.0.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x),
and some people have expressed their concerns about the version upgrade and other things, including
1. cherry-pick a little hard while releasing a new version
2. when users upgrade from version 3.0.x to 3.1.x will be a little difficult
3. do not have enough tests for the new release

So we decided to have a meeting to discuss this at
2022/11/16 20:00-20:30 (GMT+08:00), and you can join us with the link https://meeting.tencent.com/dm/THpqQn680lBu
and we have related documentation in https://docs.qq.com/doc/DZWxUZnFrVFJ6eWdw

Anyone who is interested in this topic is welcome, and feel free to add more questions to our discussion documentation

Cheers,
— Jay Chung

Re: [meetting] About dolphinscheduler release and maintenance

Posted by david zollo <da...@gmail.com>.
I want to make it clearly,  3.0.x will be our current main focus, Version
3.1.x is also in iteration. When 3.0 is stable, we will focus on 3.1.x and
stop the iteration for 3.0.x

By the way, @Jay Chung, please provide the document in English for the
meeting.

Best Regards

Apache DolphinScheduler PMC Chair & Apache SeaTunnel PPMC
David
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidzollo
Twitter: @WorkflowEasy <https://twitter.com/WorkflowEasy>

Posted by Jay Chung <zh...@hotmail.com>.