Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Friaa Nafaa <fr...@excite.com> on 2002/11/04 11:49:42 UTC

Indexing distant web sites

 Hello,is there any way to index web sites by lucene, assuming we know only the url of the site ? :--&gt;In local use we passe to lucene the full arborexcence or directory of our site (contain all the documents) and we begin the indexing operation, but when I would like to index a distant site on the web... what i do ?For exemple I installed Lucene on my computer and I would like to index the site : http://www.excite.com ...Thanks

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Re: Indexing distant web sites

Posted by Karl Marx <ka...@gan.no>.
As stated in the official FAQ Lucene doesn't implement a web-crawler,
you can however use a self-made crawler or customate a crawler
framework like websphinx (http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~rcm/websphinx/) to
retrieve html documents from a site and then feed them to Lucene.

mvh karl øie