Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Williams <wi...@tni.com> on 2004/12/13 18:29:35 UTC

Search mailing list archive not working

Is it a known problem that the "Search mailing list archive" feature on
subversion.tigris.org is not working for this list?

I can't get any results newer than Oct 2003. (over a year ago!)

Is this list archived anywhere else?

~ John Williams

P.S.  "Browse this thread" from a message often doesn't work.
I get a lot of "Message not available: 79900" errors when I try to access
messages.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Dec 13, 2004, at 12:29 PM, John Williams wrote:

> Is it a known problem that the "Search mailing list archive" feature on
> subversion.tigris.org is not working for this list?
>
> I can't get any results newer than Oct 2003. (over a year ago!)
>
> Is this list archived anywhere else?

It's so well-known, that every user and developer avoids the tigris.org
archives
completely.  We all use http://svn.haxx.se/  .

> subversion.tigris.org is not working for this list?

Yes.

> I can't get any results newer than Oct 2003. (over a year ago!)
>
> Is this list archived anywhere else?

See http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/www/project_links.html for
alternate archives.  Summary: svn.haxx.se (hmm, gmane.org doesn't seem
to be listed there, but it should be).