Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Unger Richard <ru...@camino.at> on 2002/09/25 15:03:00 UTC

Slide Bugs

I've added three of the bugs I found in slide to Bugzilla...

Incidentally, I have patches for these bugs applied to my checked out
version of slide, but I am not a committer...

Can I become a comitter to commit these fixes?

In general, how come no one from slide ever replies to my posts? Do I not
make any sense? Am I hated and reviled for my nationality, or some other
transgression? Are all the issues I write about old news? Is the actual
discussion on some other list? Have the developers lost interest in slide?

Richie
Richard Unger

Re: Slide Bugs

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Unger Richard wrote:
> I've added three of the bugs I found in slide to Bugzilla...
>
> Incidentally, I have patches for these bugs applied to my checked out
> version of slide, but I am not a committer...
>
> Can I become a comitter to commit these fixes?

Eventually, of course. For the beginning, start sending patches as per:
   <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html>

> In general, how come no one from slide ever replies to my posts? Do I not
> make any sense? Am I hated and reviled for my nationality, or some other
> transgression? Are all the issues I write about old news? Is the actual
> discussion on some other list? Have the developers lost interest in slide?

It's your nationality... ;-)

Seriously, the problem as I see it is with the current developer base.
I'll try to explain this view:

Most of the development is focussing on implementation of the DeltaV
features and the WebDAV testsuite. This effort is to 99% driven by the
guys from Software AG.

Apart from that there's not much work being done. Sung-Gu has been doing
  bits and pieces on the client side, and I've been trying to extend and
cleanup the presentation layer stuff, as well as integrate the J2EE
store changes proposed some time ago.

None of us are the "kernel architects", and we all seem to have a
limited view on the project. I would describe us as being somewhat
"headless" since Remy has apparently left the show.

Alone the fact that you've not given up posting to this list makes you a
candidate for becoming a committer on this project :-P. So, if you could
attach your proposed changes as unified diffs to the bug reports, and
the patches look good, I'll commit them. A bit later, we'll think about
getting you committer status.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de