Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/10/22 12:44:58 UTC

Question about manual promotions

If you are creating an order using the backoffice order entry you have
the ability to manually specify a promotion for the order (i.e. using
the drop down boxes in the "manual promotions" box in the show cart screen).
The promotions listed there are all the promotions defined in the
system, not only the ones associated to the store.
When I originally implemented this feature I did it intentionally: the
idea was to define a promotion without conditions (i.e. always
applicable) but detached from the stores (if we associate it to the
store, it would be always applied to all the orders); if the order entry
operator wants to apply the manual promotion, he/she can select the
promotion from the drop down box.
Now I would like to improve this support and I would like to specify the
manual promotions that are applicable to a given store.
What is the best way to implement this?

Two proposals:
1) add a new promo condition type "MANUAL" and set the promo context so
that it evaluates to true only if the promotion is manually added to the
cart
2) add a ProductPromo.isManual flag and select in the drop down list of
the "Manual Promotion" box only the promotions associated to the store
and with the isManual flag set to "Y"; these promotions should be
ignored by the standard automatic promotions

Jacopo

Re: Question about manual promotions

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David E Jones wrote:
> It's an interesting idea. Maybe a better place for the isManual (or
> maybe a better name is manualOnly?) flag is on the
> ProductStorePromoAppl entity...
>
> -David

David,

this is a *great* idea, thanks!