Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/25 10:27:15 UTC

parent-pom-annotator issue

Hi all,
I was installing the aggregate-parent-poms project whit Maven 2.2.1 when I
got the following error with the parent-pom-annotator module:

[0] Inside the definition for plugin 'PearPackagingMavenPlugin' specify the
> following:

> <configuration>

  <mainComponentDesc>VALUE</mainComponentDesc>

</configuration>

> -OR-

> on the command line, specify: '-DpearMainDescriptor=VALUE'

It seems that the ${pearMainDescriptor} property cannot be resolved to a
proper value.
The strange thing is that if I go installing it from the
parent-pom-annotator module directory it installs without any problems.

If I use Maven 3.0beta1 everything works fine in both scenarios.
So I wonder if we should change the minimum required Maven version to 3x,
even if, in my opinion, it would be better to wait for a stable 3.0 Maven
release.

What do you think?

Tommaso

Re: parent-pom-annotator issue

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> I think we should specify 3.0-beta-1 as the minimum...

+1

Jörn

Re: parent-pom-annotator issue

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I think we should specify 3.0-beta-1 as the minimum...

Or, find a way around this bug in 2.2.1

-Marshall