Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/02/14 09:50:58 UTC

[chain] towards 2.0

Hi al guys,

current 2.0 trunk has been updated to fully support Generics[1],
adding improvement as discussed on 2011 in ML - there is the cost
anyway of losing the backward compatibility, clirr detects 57 errors.

So, according to what we already experienced (digester3 ,pool2), I
would proceed on updating the package to o.a.c.chain2, groupId to
o.a.c. and artifactId commons-chain2.

Any objection?

TIA,
-Simo

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHAIN-58

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [chain] towards 2.0

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@zupancic.name>.
It looks like I'm getting a test failing with the patch, I will need some
more time to investigate.

It is one of these
tests: testDefault(org.apache.commons.chain2.config.ConfigParserTestCase):
Correct command count expected:<17> but was:<8>

This error message is associated with order dependent tests on chain.

I will post an update when I have a working fix.

-Elijah

Re: [chain] towards 2.0

Posted by Elijah Zupancic <el...@zupancic.name>.
Hi Sebb and Simo,