Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Porter Woodward <pw...@practicable.net> on 2007/08/09 22:18:53 UTC

Anyone look at Carbonado

A friend of mine just linked me to this:

http://carbonado.sourceforge.net/

Interesting not quite Java Content Repository API - but interesting
nonetheless.  Some highlights:

1>  Java 5 Required - it makes use of Annotations and Generics.
2>  Can be backed by JDBC relational datastore, or BDB
3>  Transactional Support

Almost seems like a hybrid JCR / Hibernate Persistence type of tool.

Since it's open source, I'm wondering if there is any value in looking
at and comparing approaches used in it and Jackrabbit.

- Porter