Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Guofeng Zhang <gu...@radvision.com> on 2012/02/22 08:57:57 UTC

Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Hi,

Build last Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT, then try to launch webconsole, I got the following wire error:
Error executing command: Could not start bundle mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.http/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
feature(s) http-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.karaf.shell.http [57]: Unable to resolve 57.
0: missing requirement [57.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.ops4j.pax.web.service.spi)(version>=1.1.0)
(!(version>=2.0.0)))

I configured org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg to use my local maven repository:
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings=file:///c:/.m2/settings.xml

but I find that Karaf or pax-url always download org.apache.karaf.shell.http from apache snapshot repository, because I find the following jar in system repository and it depends on org.ops4j.pax.web.service.spi [1.1.0,2.0.0]
org.apache.karaf.shell.http-3.0.0-20120202.094242-172.jar

what did  I configure org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg improperly?

Thanks

Guofeng

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by whataboutbob <bo...@intel.com>.
Hi JB,

I tried org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories instead of
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories and it seems to be working.

Thanks for your help.
Bob

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by whataboutbob <bo...@intel.com>.
Yes I did, here's what I have, edited to remove the actual repo domain, app
name
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories= \

http://my-repository.com/nexus/content/groups/my-group@id=my-group@snapshots

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bob;

Ahhh ok,

did you update the repositories property in
etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg with your local repo (with @snapshot and
@id option) ?

Regards
JB

On 10/03/2013 10:26 PM, whataboutbob wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding, I want it to use Karaf to download from
> my remote repository into my local repository but it doesn't appear to check
> the remote repository at all. I tried your suggestion though and it still
> gave me the same "could not find artifact ... in defaultlocal..." error.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bob,

I gonna take a look but it should use your local repository.

Maybe you can try to "force" your local repository in
etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg, using the
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository containing the path to your local
repository.

Regards
JB

On 10/01/2013 10:39 PM, whataboutbob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I might have a similar issue with Karaf 3.0.0-RC1. Here's my
> question
> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-3-0-0-RC1-does-not-use-m2-settings-xml-tc4029786.html
>
> I also saw this in my log, it seems like aether is being called even though
> I have this setting
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.disableAether=true
>
> Here's a snippet of the log
> org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find
> artifact my-repository.com:my-app:xml:features:0.6.0.SNAPSHOT in
> defaultlocal (file:/var/karaf/.m2/repository/)
>          at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:538)
>          at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
>          at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:193)
>          at
> org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveArtifact(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:286)
>          at
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:250)
>          at
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolveFile(AetherBasedResolver.java:239)
>          at
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver.resolve(AetherBasedResolver.java:223)
>          at
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:122)
>
> Any insights will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by Michael Täschner <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hi Christian,

this is the first thing I tried according to JBs tip. Only when it did not
work did I try the other two options as well.

Kind Regards,
Michael

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
JB is working on this.

http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases,
\

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT does not use my maven local repository

Posted by Michael Täschner <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.