Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dan Sikorsky <te...@rocketmail.com> on 2009/10/24 08:27:13 UTC

Freebsd Set Up

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the latest release of james running on a freebsd 7 server.
I installed the diablo 16 jre / jdk,
I am unable to start the run .sh

I cannot just go into the directory from the bash prompt and type run.sh, If i type java run.sh or phoenix.sh
It throws a few errors and closes, similar to how it did on my windows machine before i installed the jdk.
I am wondering if the Java home or PATH is not set properly,
This is a fresh free bsd install.. I installed java, and then extracted the james archive to a directory i created, and am attempting to run the sh file.

I have the same problem after installing sun java 16 jdk and jre on a mandriva linux server I have, gives same errors, I installed on here using the package manager,. In my bash path file, there is no java path.

Please help,

thank you

Re: Freebsd Set Up

Posted by Dan Sikorsky <te...@rocketmail.com>.
You guys did it, thanks a bunch! I have another question, but I will make a new post.

Thanks!

________________________________
Posted by James User <ja...@lobanov.eu>.
Hi Dan,

Re: Freebsd Set Up

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

try to set the JAVA_HOME first:

# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/
# cd /path/to/james/bin
# ./run.sh

Bye,
Norman