Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fight Ice <ri...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/28 15:01:40 UTC

Form component's validate parameter cause excpetions when clients use zh-cn language

When the client web browser use the zh_cn locale to load my login page, i get a exception like this :
Render queue error in BeginRender[admin/Login:username]: d != java.lang.String

but if client use the en locale, it works correctly.
if i want to use zh_cn locale to load my login page, i found that if i use minlength validator and other similar validators, i'll get exceptions.

Login.java(partial)

    @Persist
    @Property
    private String userName;

    @Property
    private String password;

Login.tml(partial)

    <t:form t:id="loginForm">
        <t:errors/>
        <t:label for="userName"/>
        <t:TextField t:id="userName" t:validate="required, minlength=6" size="30"/>
        <t:label for="password"/>
        <t:PasswordField t:id="password" t:validate="required, minlength=6" size="30"/>
        <input type="submit" value="Login"/>
    </t:form>

If i just use required validator, it works.

Re: Form component's validate parameter cause excpetions when clients use zh-cn language

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1865

Posted by Fight Ice <ri...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks!
just add two lines to the app.properties:

minimum-string-length=\u60a8\u5fc5\u987b\u4e3a %2$s \u63d0\u4f9b\u81f3\u5c11 %1$d \u5b57\u7b26\u3002
maximum-string-length=\u60a8\u6700\u591a\u80fd\u4e3a %2$s \u63d0\u4f9b\u81f3\u5c11 %1$d \u5b57\u7b26\u3002

All works correctly!

Re: Form component's validate parameter cause excpetions when clients use zh-cn language

Posted by Rural Hunter <ru...@gmail.com>.
check this:
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/A-strange-error-with-MaxLength-Validator-td5546700.html

于 2012/3/28 21:01, Fight Ice 写道: