Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Borislav Stoyanov <BS...@dspace.de> on 2004/08/27 13:49:46 UTC

#defines Documentation

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if there is any documentation of what the expected
behaviour of the numerous defines is?

More exactly I'd like to know more about:
XALAN_USE_XERCES_LOCAL_CODEPAGE_TRANSCODERS

XALAN_USE_NATIVE_WCHAR_T

Thank you in advance,

Re: #defines Documentation

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any documentation of what the expected
> behaviour of the numerous defines is?

There's nothing officially, although it would be nice to have.

> More exactly I'd like to know more about:
> XALAN_USE_XERCES_LOCAL_CODEPAGE_TRANSCODERS

This means use the Xerces-C local code page transcoder rather than the
ANSI C functions wcstombs and mbstowcs.  This distinction will probably go
away at some point, because we'll move to using the Xerces-C local code
page transcoder exclusively.

> XALAN_USE_NATIVE_WCHAR_T

This is meant to be used on platforms where wchar_t is a proper type and
is encoded in UTF-16.  We aren't using this right now, because Xerces-C
isn't consistent on how it uses wchar_t.

Dave