Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/05 03:37:21 UTC

DateTimePicket takes the whole page

Hello every one:
I faced this problem and posted it, and never get any thing back. I have
a page that displays dateTimePicker. When the dateTimePicker pops up it
spans the whole page and is displayed in a newpage with header, footer
and navigation bar !
This issue appears sometimes then it disappears by itself. The last time
I had this, I was deceived that I solved it by clearing FirFoxe cache.
This was not the case!
I went to a different machine and used Internet Explorer and the same
problem.

I need some one to help me finding out what's wrong. Why the
dateTimePicker takes the whole page?

I am using tomcat 6.0.2.

Re: DateTimePicket takes the whole page

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Jeromy Evans wrote:
> Mansour wrote:
>> Where can I find this folder
>> struts/dojo/src/widget/templates/DatePicker.html ?
>> In tomcat work ? In /tmp ?? I searched the wholefile system to check
>> where does it come from and couldn't find any thing. I understand it
>> come in the jar files, but before tomcat serves this contents they
>> have to go into a directory. Am I wrong ?
>>
> By default, anything under the /struts/ path is served directly from
> struts2-core-2.0.6.jar. It doesn't copy them it.
> The full path to the file is
> struts2-core-2.0.6.jar!/org/apache/struts2/static/dojo/src/widget/templates/DatePicker.html
>
> Copying the content of the static directory in the jar to your web
> server is an optimization.
>> I used the DOM inspector, and couldn't find anything. All I was able
>> to find is just what you have described. A DIV that contains table.
>> What Do I need to check in the DOM tree? I don't think it's the
>> style, simply because there's none. The dateTimePicker has a page in
>> the main page. I mean when it pops up it has the same page header and
>> footer and navigation bar. It shouldn't be a page by it's self !
>>

> hmm...sitemesh appears to be decorating the popup DatePicker.html.  I
> don't use sitemesh. It's plausable that dojo loads DatePicker.html via
> an asynchronous request and the response is getting decorated.  Check
> your sitemesh settings.
Thank you Jeromy:
That did the trick, I just excluded the struts directory form sitemesh.
I added the excludes node, and cleared the cache:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<decorators defaultdir="/pages/layout">
    <decorator name="main" page="masterPage.jsp">
          <pattern>/*</pattern>
    </decorator>
    <excludes>
        <pattern>/struts/*</pattern>
    </excludes>
</decorators>

The confusing part was it was working fine sometimes. I always had
sitemesh mapped teh way it was. But sometime it works fine, other times
it just messes up the whole page !!

Any way, it's working now.

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.