Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/06/14 18:21:58 UTC

RE: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please

I haven't figured out how one creates a new subtree on SVN (e.g., the missing <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openofficeorg/> repository) without being a committer on the parent part of the tree (i.e., incubator).

Would someone who is able to do so please create the openofficeorg folder with some sort of simple helloworld.txt or openofficeorg.text seedling page in SVN so we can hook up our clients to it?

 - Dennis

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Yup, I know :-)

My assumption was that we have some time to organize the dumpfile that
we'll be loading. That dumpfile can also omit the creation of the TTB
subdirs that I just made.

In the meantime, we have a place to put (say) a STATUS file and other
items for tracking.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> Well... here is where we may need to slow down :-P

Actually

> I just created 'ooo' and you created 'openofficeorg'. I used the
> former to match our mailing list.

Well, I have discussed the same and used the name given at the status page :-)

> Let's let these sit for a day or two and gather opinions on which
> naming is best.

agreed

> I'll coordinate with Sam before we start bothering with permissions.
> He's got a long list of people, in various states, and I doubt that
> he'd appreciate a piecemeal approach to adding these to an
> authorization list.

Yes. Better I go jogging now. You seem to have lots of energy right
now, so go ahead :-)

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well... here is where we may need to slow down :-P
>
> I just created 'ooo' and you created 'openofficeorg'. I used the
> former to match our mailing list.
>
> Let's let these sit for a day or two and gather opinions on which
> naming is best.
>
> I'll coordinate with Sam before we start bothering with permissions.
> He's got a long list of people, in various states, and I doubt that
> he'd appreciate a piecemeal approach to adding these to an
> authorization list.

I suggest that we coordinate using the incubator status file:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

I've been adding people to that page as the ICLAs are received and the
Account Requests are processed.

> Cheers,
> -g

- Sam Ruby

Re: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Created:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/

(and https if you intend to commit within there, but we haven't hooked
up permissions yet)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.