Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Balakrishna Kudaravalli <bk...@cisco.com> on 2003/04/23 23:41:37 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.24 enable SSL

Hi All,

Issue: Enabling SSL for Tomcat 4.1.24

1. I have created a cert using keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg
RSA  and have given a password "changeit" (default)
2. Uncommented SSL coyote HTTP/1.1 connector in server.xml. Since the
Keystore is at a deafault loc, I have not given a keystoreFile attribute
3. On starting up Tomcat, HTTPS works fine

Issue:
4. Now, I need to replace the default cert with the certs provided by our
internal folks. How do I do that ? the certs provided to me are in pkcs 12
format:

5. Should I convert the pkcs12 certs into x509 ?

6. What certs should I import into the keystore (server, client, ca) ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Bala

Re: Tomcat 4.1.24 enable SSL

Posted by Balakrishna Kudaravalli <bk...@cisco.com>.
Hi Mark,

Could you please let me know the command I need to use to import a pkcs12
server cert into a keystore (assuming I need to create a new keystore). Do
I need to have only a server cert in the keystore or both server & CA certs
to enable SSL on Tomcat.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
-Bala