Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Robert Schweikert <rj...@suse.com> on 2012/04/24 00:49:56 UTC

location issues

Hi,

I am having some difficulty to figure out what I should be doing with
the scripts that end up in usr/libexec/.

When building I get the build loge entry:

installing artifacts/default/console-proxy/libexec/console-proxy-runner
as /var/tmp/cloudstack-3.0.1-1-root/usr/libexec/console-proxy-runner

3 files end up in libexec:
agent-runner  console-proxy-runner  usage-runner

In the spec file these are specified as %{_libexecdir}/.... However,
%{_libexecdir} is really some lib directory, in my case as I am building
on x86-64 it is /usr/lib64

In the source tree I found that in the debian rules file this is set
during configure as follows: --libexecdir=/usr/bin

This is not set in the spec file (RPM build), should it be?
   - if yes do we want the files in /usr/bin or /usr/lib* ?

I take it the location to call these scripts is hard coded somewhere and
I do not want to move the files and then end up breaking something else.

Thanks,
Robert
Tech Lead
rjschwei@suse.com
rschweik@ca.ibm.com
781-464-8147

RE: location issues

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Ok. I think Pradeep will take care of them when he started refactoring build stuff

RE: location issues

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
Frank,

Re: location issues

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Frankly speaking I also wonder both why they install in that folder and are they still in use.
>
> Kelven, Kishan, can you confirm if console-proxy-runner  usage-runner are still in use? Do we use them to spawn up consoleproxy and usage server?
> And who else knows about agent-runner?

Console proxy-runner is deprecated - there's a line deleting it in the
spec file in master. (mainly because we don't ship the install
console-proxy package in any of our installs) I fear the entire
section needs cleaning of cruft. I can't speak to usage-runner. That
said - waf moves this stuff into place in the install - not RPM/ant -
so it's likely pretty crufty.

--David

RE: location issues

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.