Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Zhoushuaifeng <zh...@huawei.com> on 2011/07/04 06:15:29 UTC

How to reproduce the problem of ".META. is not found on any region." ?

Hi,
I test hbck tool(./hbase hbck) to fix the META Region problem.
but fail to reproduce the META Region problem.

I try to:
delete the META RegionInfo from the root table.
or let META Region do not assign, when cluster startup.
or close META Region by close_region tool.
but if do that,the ./hbase hbck will exception.

My question is how to reproduce the META Region problem, like [ERROR_CODE.NO_META_REGION, ".META. is not found on any region."]
Thanks a lot.

Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)

Re: How to reproduce the problem of ".META. is not found on any region." ?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Zhoushuaifeng <zh...@huawei.com> wrote:
> My question is how to reproduce the META Region problem, like [ERROR_CODE.NO_META_REGION, ".META. is not found on any region."]
> Thanks a lot.

Do you have better descriptions of the "meta region problem" Zhou?
I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are referring to.
Thanks,
St.Ack