Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lawlor <fr...@athensgroup.com> on 2001/07/11 17:16:41 UTC

There is no disk in the drive!

When I run my web application using Tomcat as a service
under windows 2000 (Tomcat 3.1.1) I'm running into a strange
message.

My app runs an eternal .cmd file to populate some
directories.  One of the lines in the cmd file is
  xcopy InitialProject\*.*  Projects\%1 /E

This works fine when Tomcat is not a service, but when it
is a service, the server machine twice puts up a message
box with:

  "There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk in the
    drive \Device\Harddisk\DR1."

If I hit "Continue" it goes on to work just fine.

If I put in two xcopy statements the message comes up
four times, so it seems to be a result of the two xcopy
arguments.

Changing the argument paths to explicit paths doesn't
help.  E.g.,
  xcopy C:\Tomcat\XXX\InitialProject\*.*  C:\Tomcat\XXX\Projects\%1 /E

Other commands (e.g., mkdir) don't seem to have any
problem.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.

Re: There is no disk in the drive!

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 10:48 AM 7/11/2001, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It could be trying to get a lock on a used file.
>
>No idea how to fix it though 8o)

Whatever it is it's a pretty poor design flaw.
Sometimes these programs get over it if you simply
put a disk in the drive. Or if you know what file
its looking for create an empty file of the same
name on a floppy and stick that in the drive.

Re: There is no disk in the drive!

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@aber.ac.uk>.
Hi,

It could be trying to get a lock on a used file.

No idea how to fix it though 8o)

Adam.