Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Purushotham P <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/26 17:26:14 UTC

facing problem when call logger.info().....

hi All

	I am facing problem when i call logger.info() method
more than one
time in the same class. How i can over come this ?
The problem is the message given to logger.info() is
printing cumulatively
as output shown bellow.

Thanks
Purshi

    import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
    import org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator;

    public class Hello {
    	private static Logger logger;

      public static void main(String argv[]) {
      	logger = Logger.getRootLogger();
      	Hello hl = new Hello();
	    	System.out.println ("In Hello Main 1");
	    	 hl.mainTest();
	    	System.out.println ("In Hello Main 2");
	    	 hl.mainTest();
	    	System.out.println ("In Hello Main 3");
	    	 hl.mainTest();
	    	System.out.println ("In Hello Main 4");
	    	 hl.mainTest();
      }

	 public void mainTest() {
	    	BasicConfigurator.configure();
	    	String str = "What a beatiful day.";
	    	logger.info(str);
	    	str = null;
      }
    }

java Hello

In Hello Main 1
0 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.

In Hello Main 2
20 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.
20 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.

In Hello Main 3
20 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.
20 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.
20 [main] INFO root  - What a beatiful day.

In Hello Main 4

Re: facing problem when call logger.info().....

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Well, you probably shouldn't be running BasicConfigurator.configure()
multiple times.  Do it once.  A good place might be a constructor.  Try
testing after removing the BasicConfigurator line and see what your logging
output looks like.

Jake