Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Naveen Michaud-Agrawal <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/20 15:59:03 UTC

pyarrow and DictionaryBatches

Hello,

Is there any way to created DictionaryBatches from pyarrow? From the docs
it looks like they are just regular RecordBatches with some extra metadata,
but I don't see an API to create them directly.

Thanks,
Naveen

Re: pyarrow and DictionaryBatches

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Naveen -- there is not an API to generate them separately right
now; they are written as part of serializing the schema. I don't see
an issue with adding APIs to create them as buffers separate from the
schema message. Feel free to open a JIRA and/or submit a PR

- Wes