Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/08/16 09:50:09 UTC

Eclipse project name

Hi,

I wonder if we should not rename ofbiz to ofbiz-framework in ofbiz-framework trunk .project

Opinions?

Jacques

Re: Eclipse project name

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Le 16/08/2017 à 12:22, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> This is managed by gradle so the .project file is irrelevant. We would
> need to adjust the value of "rootProject.name" in "settings.gradle"
Right

> With that being said, I'm not sure why we would need to change the
> name?
The idea is that the ofbiz-framework is not the OFBiz project. For now it's not much confusing, but if later we ever split the applications from the
framework it will.

> Yes the repo is ofbiz-framework but the project could contain
> other plugins.
Sorry I don't get it :)

> I'm not sure what is the added value of making such a
> change?
Not much indeed, just to clarify things. I can live with the Eclipse project being named ofbiz for the ofbiz-framework for now.

BTW this is related to my wiki change at https://s.apache.org/acoG

Jacques

Re: Eclipse project name

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
This is managed by gradle so the .project file is irrelevant. We would
need to adjust the value of "rootProject.name" in "settings.gradle"

With that being said, I'm not sure why we would need to change the
name? Yes the repo is ofbiz-framework but the project could contain
other plugins. I'm not sure what is the added value of making such a
change?