Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by naveen <na...@ibro.co.jp> on 2001/12/04 04:06:22 UTC

rpm install- shutdown problem on linux

hi,
I am installing  tomcat3.2 rpm on Sun java 1.3.1 in linux, well it installed
properly with a startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d, but the shutdown part is
not working. after I give the command tomcat stop and run netstat I see two
java programs running still on 8080 and 8007.  The script says
rm -f /var/run/tomcat, but there is no file like that created after startup,
so there is no question of removing it..
what should I change or where could I have gonme wrong?
naveen