Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/08/07 13:04:25 UTC

Flex description and trademarks

Hi,

I've updated (but not published live) the flex description.
http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/

Any though on the list of trademarks at the bottom of the page?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex description and trademarks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> It's probably simpler to say "Other names appearing on the site may be
> trademarks of their respective owners" as is already there, to avoid
> having to list everything.

Yep I saw that - simpler yes but is it correct? Just checking that is it valid to do so given each trademark says certain text should be included?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>... I've updated (but not published live) the flex description.
> http://flex.staging.apache.org/flex/
>
> Any though on the list of trademarks at the bottom of the page?...

They should IMO go in the footer which already has trademarks info.

It's probably simpler to say "Other names appearing on the site may be
trademarks of their respective owners" as is already there, to avoid
having to list everything.

-Bertrand

Re: Flex description and trademarks

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Apache already supplied us with a trademark statement that is on the footer
of each page.  " Other names appearing on the site may be trademarks of
their respective owners. " clears us with all of them pretty well, I
believe.  I don't think we need to call out each one individually.

-Nick