Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/05 21:07:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] gremlin-go 3.5.3-rc1/3.6.0-rc1

As gremlin-go will initially be a pre-release, it won't be promoted
alongside the official 3.5.3/3.6.0 releases. I think our documentation
(READMEs, download page, etc) all make it quite clear that releases
suffixed with "-rc" are not meant for production so hopefully there is no
confusion. We've released other language variants (and Java for that
matter) under this model before, but as a reminder as we have some
new folks paying attention these days, we don't need a specific VOTE thread
for this, just lazy consensus.

To keep inline with release candidates of the past, we'll pin to a SNAPSHOT
version of the repo rather than the actual tagged release version - i think
we'd go with the following commits as they were the ones just prior to
official release version bump in each release line:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/tree/1dcf0482be03a5864d44861fabf521238f1335ba
(v3.5.3-rc1)
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/tree/8996ba5dabb6f5abe8d21ece33f3da59150dc3f0
(v3.6.0-rc1)

If those commits make sense, I'll tag the repo as such as I go about
deploying the release artifacts.