Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@transdynatlanta.com> on 2003/04/17 16:19:19 UTC

JCS & J2EE

Hi all,

I just finished reading the docs on JCS...great idea and looks like a great
product.  I like the additions to JSR 107 that it has made.

I have just a few questions:

Why isn't this project in the Jakarta commons domain?  This is a far more
useful product than just being able to work with turbine.

Also, can JCS work in a J2EE environment?  In the brief time I've spent
looking over code (very brief), I've noticed JCS uses sockets and
synchronization code, both of which aren't allowed in a J2EE environment.

Does JCS have pluggable modules that allows it to work in a J2EE
environment?

Thanks so much,

Les Hazlewood

Les A. Hazlewood