Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kommineni, Sateesh (IndSys)" <sa...@geind.ge.com> on 2003/09/26 16:58:19 UTC

Role of Action Classes when using EJB and Struts

Hi All,

     What role does Action classes play when we are using EJB with Struts ?  As the core Business Logic is performed by Session Beans which in turn use the Entity Beans for Persistence related operations.

  So what role does the Action classes play in this scenario . Is it the case that the Action classes use a Session Facade to invoke the methods on session beans and Session bean will process the core logic and the Action classes acts as a Business Delegate..

   Is it rare that these Action classes use any Helper classes ?? ( I am not talking about Service Locators which they use to find out the Session Facades for the Session beans )

   Pls let me know your thoughts..

    Where can i find more info on these..

Thanks a lot..
Sateesh

Re: Role of Action Classes when using EJB and Struts

Posted by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com>.
I have done some research at the book store and have not found any book only
covering
struts and Ejb's.  I have found books that dedicate a chapter or two on the
subject.
This book uses the open source Object Relational bridge to connect to Ejb's
from a struts Action.
It has some interesting insight.  You may want to go to a book store and
read some of it and decide
if it answers your questons.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1861007817/102-1389031-0729721?v=glance#product-details

Here is a newer book on the same topics