Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Moshe Kranc <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 10:32:38 UTC

CQL collections and Solr dynamic fields

In the DSE 4.7 advanced tutorial, there is an example of using a CQL map
together with Solr dynamic fields, so that every map entry is automatically
indexed by Solr.

Does this work for the other CQL collections, namely lists and sets? Can I
define CQL lists and sets to use Solr dynamic fields, so they are
automatically indexed by Solr?

Re: CQL collections and Solr dynamic fields

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.
Jack thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous statement.  I was
thinking just of maps when I replied. Correction - *Lists and Sets are
indexed as multivalued fields in DSE Search and Maps are stored as dynamic
fields in DSE Search. *

Both are indexed automatically once you have created your core
appropriately.

My second statement was accurate, fields cannot be both dynamic and
multivalued.

All the best,

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Sebastián Estévez

Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com

[image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
<https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
<https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>

<http://cassandrasummit-datastax.com/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Estevez <se...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Moshe Kranc <mo...@gmail.com>.