Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Anuj Kumar <an...@formcept.com> on 2012/07/01 18:20:17 UTC

[Implemented] FORMCEPT Proposal for Early adopter programme

Hello Everyone,

We have implemented an enhancement engine for medical domain as a part
of our proposal. The demo is hosted at-
http://demo.formcept.com:8080/enhancer
We are currently annotating drugs, diseases, chemical compounds and few
other medical and related domains.

The enhancement engine uses FORMCEPT's knowledge graph that is built on
top of DBpedia 3.6 dumps. So, thanks to DBpedia project as well. We not
only annotate the entities but also find the overall broader categories
with the relevant hierarchy. As of now, we are annotating the hierarchy
as a path under SKOS_BROADER annotation. A typical annotation looks
like-

                "broader": "Health->Diseases and
disorders->Symptoms->Symptoms and signs: Digestive system and
abdomen->Vomiting",

"comment": "Vomiting (known medically as emesis and informally as throwing up and a number of other terms) is the forceful expulsion of the contents of one's stomach through the mouth and sometimes the nose. Vomiting may result from many causes, ranging from gastritis or poisoning to brain tumors, or elevated intracranial pressure. The feeling that one is about to vomit is called nausea, which usually precedes, but does not always lead to, vomiting.",
      "created": "2012-07-01T12:23:58.495Z",
      "creator": "org.formcept.engine.enhancer.FCHealthCareEnhancer",
      "end": 768,
      "extracted-from": "urn:content-item-sha1-09055dcdcb07a20b3b30f64079a9a2779600f801",
      "selected-text": "vomiting",
      "start": 760,
      "type": "Health"

We are working on benchmarking the overall performance. We will post the
details soon.

Please give it a try and provide your feedback.

Regards,
Anuj
PS: If there is any change in the URL, we will update the community.

Re: [Implemented] FORMCEPT Proposal for Early adopter programme

Posted by Anuj Kumar <an...@formcept.com>.
Hello Everyone,

This is the follow up email on our implementation of enhancement engine
related to the medical entities. We have posted the details of our
enhancement engine and some results here-
http://formcept.com/blog/healthcare-stanbol/ and also on the IKS blog.

Please take a look at it and provide your feedback.

Regards,
Anuj