Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/11/19 09:30:30 UTC

make test fails

Hi,

after haveing to work on other projects inbetween, I am back to mod_perl
development, especially I want to finish the xs building stuff, to get it
reincorporated into mod_perl.

To make sure my xs building stuff is doing the right thing, I want to have a
running make test first, so I can verify afterwards if it is still working.
Unfortunately currently it fails a few tests:

Failed Test     Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
----
api/conn_rec.t                15   12  80.00%  4-15
api/module.t                  ??   ??       %  ??
modules/cgi.t                  6    1  16.67%  3
protocol/echo.t   29  7424     3    2  66.67%  2-3
1 test skipped.

In t/logs/error_log there is this

/opt/apache2/bin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/msrc/cvs/modperl-2.0/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Connection/Connection.so:
undefined symbol: mpxs_Apache__Connection_client_socket

I have seen a recent commit which moves this function, maybe something is
still broken here

Any ideas where to start searching ?

I use perl 5.6.1 and the preforked mpm

Gerald

Re: make test fails

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

>>can you run: t/TEST -v t/modules/cgi
>
> A whole make test fails, but testing cgi alone works:

which means that some other test running earlier changes the state of
the server and doesn't restore it. if you run tests -mode=random
-times=5 or similar you will probably see many other tests failing. I've
posted earlier at least one sequence of tests that fail.

Re: make test fails

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> can you run: t/TEST -v t/modules/cgi

A whole make test fails, but testing cgi alone works:

modperl/readline....ok
modperl/sameinterp..ok
modules/cgi.........FAILED test 3
        Failed 1/6 tests, 83.33% okay
modules/cgiupload...ok
protocol/echo.......ok
protocol/echo_filter.ok
protocol/eliza......skipped: cannot find module 'Chatbot::Eliza'
Failed Test   Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
----
modules/cgi.t                  6    1  16.67%  3
1 test skipped.
server localhost:8529 shutdown
error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
Failed 1/60 test scripts, 98.33% okay. 1/362 subtests failed, 99.72% okay.
venus:/usr/msrc/cvs/modperl-2.0 # perl5.6.1 t/TEST -v modules/cgi
setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited
 exec t/TEST -v modules/cgi
/opt/apache2/bin/httpd  -d /usr/msrc/cvs/modperl-2.0/t -f
/usr/msrc/cvs/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE2 -DPERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.0.29-dev (prefork MPM)
waiting for server to warm up.........ok

server localhost:8529 started
server localhost:8530 listening (TestDirective::perlrequire)
server localhost:8531 listening (TestProtocol::echo)
server localhost:8532 listening (TestProtocol::eliza)
server localhost:8533 listening (TestProtocol::echo_filter)
server localhost:8534 listening (TestFilter::input_msg)
modules/cgi.........1..6
ok 1
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6
ok
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=6,  2 wallclock secs ( 1.56 cusr +  0.04 csys =  1.60 CPU)
server localhost:8529 shutdown

For me this ok at the moment. I can continue to work on the xs building
stuff and run these tests afterwards to see if they still behave the same.

Gerald

Re: make test fails

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Gerald Richter wrote:

> One of the cgi tests also fails always for mod_perl 1.x on that machine and
> we never found out why. So maybe it's the same reason here ?

could be the file upload test.

Re: make test fails

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> sorry, stas pointed out, i forgot to commit a file.

No problem

> can you try again
> now?

Looks much better. Now only one test fails:

Re: make test fails

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Gerald Richter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after haveing to work on other projects inbetween, I am back to mod_perl
> development, especially I want to finish the xs building stuff, to get it
> reincorporated into mod_perl.
>
> To make sure my xs building stuff is doing the right thing, I want to have a
> running make test first, so I can verify afterwards if it is still working.
> Unfortunately currently it fails a few tests:

sorry, stas pointed out, i forgot to commit a file.  can you try again
now?