Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/18 05:00:29 UTC

[Q]Getting the cvs to run

Hi,
    I am new to xindice. Just noticed some of you are
not able to run xindice from the cvs, so I am not
alone. It compiles ok except for a few deprecation
warning using jdk 1.3. But there is just no
'startup.bat' (for win32 users) or anything that's
runnable. Is there someone with a solution give us a
hand here?

http://faith.yahoo.com

Re: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.
> But there is just no
> 'startup.bat' (for win32 users) or anything that's
> runnable. Is there someone with a solution give us a
> hand here?

Xindice is not a server anymore.  It can be embeded into your own
application or used as a webapp within Tomcat.

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
www.bossicard.com

AW: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by "Dr. Klemens Waldhör" <Wa...@t-online.de>.
Details will come soon once I get the info from my colleague why it
fails.

It was something like this: "I couldn't make BTree filer work." and
"However, I pointed Xindice to the right place and found an error in the
BTree filer".

Klemens

> We tried to use the war version on Windows.
>
> Did not work.

Well this explicit bug report really helps.

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
www.bossicard.com

AW: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Re: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.

Re: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by Kenny Chow <ky...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks everyone who replied. Now I have a clearer idea
on 1.1. But as for the two options (war app and
embedded  server), I am more interested in the
latter... well, for integrating in cocoon. However, I
didn't find any how-to on it at all. Is there anyone
who succeeds?

KC

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

Re: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

--
Mark J Stang
System Architect

Re: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.

Re: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
I haven't done it myself.   I have been watching the
list and have seen others have success.  Search the
archives for tomcat.   I saw a bunch of articles in
June and then again in August.

If you can't find them let me know and I will search
my archives and forward them to you.  My list
may not be complete, that is why I am suggesting
you search the archives.

HTH,

Mark

--
Mark J Stang
System Architect

Re: AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hi,

We use Xindice 1.0rc2 with cocoon. It works with UTF-8 correctly except
xpath queries and import of documents containing international characters in
improper system locale (ex: UTF-8 accented french characters could be
imported correctly with french system locale only).

Roman

AW: [Q]Getting the cvs to run

--
Mark J Stang