Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/05/24 12:54:44 UTC

Learning Experience and Documentation Help - The Advanced Framework Videos Transcript

As part of the effort to do a GA release of the framework
documentation can play a big role in how much it is adopted and how
well it is used. This is of course true for OFBiz in general as well,
related to the framework specifically for the point of this email.

Anyway, the more comprehensive body of knowledge I'm aware of is in
the advanced framework training videos from Hotwax Media (previously
from Undersun Consulting). These are nearly 2 years old now, but still
cover around 90-95% of the framework as it stands today.

The material includes lots of intro and overview text, lots of
reference text (descriptions of EVERY xml element/attribute that
existed at the time), and lots of example descriptions.

The video transcript and the framework quick reference book it
describes are now available for free download on docs.ofbiz.org. They
are attached to a page that I have started (not yet finished, help
wanted on this too) to list every section of the transcription and who
is working on it, and what the status is.

Please check out this page and help with this effort to get
annotations in for every element and attribute in the OFBiz XSD files,
and to compile a good set of intro/overview docs and example
descriptions that people can use to learn about the OFBiz framework.

I plan to work on this myself, but it's a BIG project and we need all
the help we can get.

Note that to edit many of these things you need access to the
technical documentation space on the docs.ofbiz.org site. If you have
not already volunteered for helping with docs and you don't have
permission, please let me know and we'll talk about your planned
involvement and then decide on the best way to move forward so you can
help out.

Please note that all XSD changes should be submitted as patches
through Jira.

I'm excited to see this happening, and want to thank the partners at
Hotwax who are behind this direction and have released the IP of this
stuff to make it happen.

The page in Confluence on docs.ofbiz.org is here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Advanced+Framework+Transcription+Work+Plan

-David

Re: Learning Experience and Documentation Help - The Advanced Framework Videos Transcript

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi David,

This is a very good news, and I'm sure it will help OFBiz wider adoption. I'm ready to help of course

Thanks

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Feel free to translate it and either license under the Apache License
2.0 or something like that, or just copyright it but distribute it for
free like we're doing.

-David

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
David,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will try to help this effort as much as I can

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <le...@gmail.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.