Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ed elliott <ed...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2005/03/18 15:55:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Allocating Memory in a module for Apache on Windows

Hello,

First of all I am new to the list so if I have done anything that is a serious crime please forgive me, I have looked through the archives but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am wrting a module for Apache 1.3 on Windows andI need to allocate quite a bit of memory and I realise that there are apache functions to allocate memory.

I am used to programming in windows and in the module use HeapCreate / Destroy and HeapAlloc to allocate memory - this works and I am happy to use this but is it the wrong thing to do?

Should I use the Apache pools or does it not matter?

I would appreciate any opinions,

Thanks,

Ed Elliott