Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 18:30:38 UTC

Should we move to SDO 1.1-incubating version for SCA Java?

Hi,

Now the SDO 1.1-incubating has been released. Should we adjust the pom.xml
in SCA Java to reference this release?

ATM, we have SDO 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in trunk. And SCA projects either
reference SDO 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT. I think it's better
to have SCA depends on a released SDO version consistently across the
modules. What do you think?

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Should we move to SDO 1.1-incubating version for SCA Java?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Now the SDO 1.1-incubating has been released. Should we adjust the pom.xml
> in SCA Java to reference this release?

+0, As you have CCed our user list, I'll defer this feedback them.

>  ATM, we have SDO 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in trunk. And SCA projects either
> reference SDO 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT. I think it's better
> to have SCA depends on a released SDO version consistently across the
> modules. What do you think?

+1, We should be consistent here and depend on a released SDO version
across all SCA modules.

>  Thanks,
>  Raymond

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: Should we move to SDO 1.1-incubating version for SCA Java?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> ++Vamsi
>
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now the SDO 1.1-incubating has been released. Should we adjust the
> pom.xml
> > in SCA Java to reference this release?
> >
> > ATM, we have SDO 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in trunk. And SCA projects
> either
> > reference SDO 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT. I think it's
> better
> > to have SCA depends on a released SDO version consistently across the
> > modules. What do you think?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Raymond

+1 that Tuscany Java SCA depends on a released version of Java SDO and that
that should be the latest (1.1. in this case) assuming there is no impact on
backward compatibility.

Simon

Re: Should we move to SDO 1.1-incubating version for SCA Java?

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now the SDO 1.1-incubating has been released. Should we adjust the
> pom.xml in SCA Java to reference this release?
>
> ATM, we have SDO 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in trunk. And SCA projects
> either reference SDO 1.0-incubating or 1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT. I think
> it's better to have SCA depends on a released SDO version consistently
> across the modules. What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

I think we should move up to the released version of SDO in trunk, so
that this is the basis of our next release.

So +1.

Yours,  Mike.