Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kris Woodbeck <kr...@webmotion.com> on 2002/05/29 23:46:58 UTC

problems migrating from tdk environment to another tomcat

Hi,

I've been developing a file management system for internal use for my
company using Turbine.  After a running into a few problems here and
there with Turbine setup and everything, I've managed to get a working
prototype running.  Now I'm putting up a beta copy of the turbine
filemanager system for beta-testers, etc. under a virtual host (running
tomcat) on one of my companies' servers.  I've managed to get everything
to run fine except for one bug: it won't run any actions for some
reason.  Whenever I click a button associated with an action (which
works fine on my personal copy of turbine on my local machine), it gives
me this error in turbine.log:

[Wed May 29 16:25:05 EDT 2002] -- ERROR --

        Requested Page not found: Index.vm
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [com.webmotion.wm.filemanager.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

        Exception:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

        Requested Page not found: Index.vm
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [com.webmotion.wm.filemanager.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

        Requested Page not found: Index.vm
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [com.webmotion.wm.filemanager.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]

        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.getInstance(PageLoader.java:175)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.handleException(Turbine.java:591)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:501)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:475)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

It's looking up the Index.vm from the page.default property from the
TurbineResources.properties file (the two change together).  So, I'm at
a loss here, I've spent hours trying to fix this.  It works fine on my
local machine, but when I copy the directory over to the server,
everything works, except for actions, which generate this error.  The
thing is, Index.vm is used to display a large part of the rest of the
site, so I really don't understand why it can't seem to find it.
 Perhaps it's a tomcat configuration problem?  Here's the relevant
virtual host entry (or something similar) for tomcat:

      <Host name="filemanager.mycompany.com" debug="0"
appBase="/home/httpd/filemanager" docBase="/home/httpd/filemanager"
unpackWARs="true">

                 directory="logs"
prefix="filemanager.mycompany.com-access." suffix=".log"
                 pattern="common"/>

                 directory="logs"
prefix="filemanager.mycompany.com-file." suffix=".log"
                 timestamp="true"/>

        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemErrLogger"/>
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger"/>

        <Context path="" docBase="/home/httpd/filemanager" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" cookies="true">
                  prefix="filemanager.mycompany.com-file." suffix=".log"
                  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

      </Host>

Can anyone provide any insight as to what the problem here could
possibly be?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Kris Woodbeck