Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by KAN NAN <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/16 16:49:29 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_dosevasive - How to ?

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
KAN NAN wrote:

> I downloaded mod_dosevasive.c and Makefile.tmpl.
> Now I need to add that module, I think I need to rebuild apache !!
> But how to compile/rebuild apache with mod_dosevasive.c, so that it
> will generate mod_dosevasive.so file.......

The file README that comes in the tarball gives instructions on how to
compile, configure, and install.

> Note: I am using apache on windows !!.

That's going to make things much harder.  I've always used Cygwin, and
if you do that you can just follow the Unix directions (more or less.)
I have no idea how you would do it otherwise.  Regardless of how you do
it, you'll need a C compiler, perl (for apxs), the Apache sources, and
possibly autoconf for the 'configure' script.

Brian