Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Shannon, Andrew" <Sh...@darden.virginia.edu> on 2005/08/26 18:57:28 UTC

RadioGroup selected property not set or set

We've used RadioGroups with a variety of known radio values (i.e.,
yes/no, or 1,2,3 etc.), but this is the first time I loop over some data
to generate my radios.

Problem is the selected property does not appear to be getting set when
the form is posted, although all the other form field properties are.

I read through several archived emails regarding this subject but none
seemed to have a solution.  I'd like to know if anyone has again run
into this problem and if so how did you get around it?

Thanks,

Andrew

shannona@darden.virginia.edu

Re: RadioGroup selected property not set or set

Posted by XYZ <x....@gmail.com>.
Yes, hi.  Are you on T4?

I had the exact same problem.
My solution is to set volatile="true" on the RadioGroup's parent @For
loop.

What this does is (see yesterday's thread on "For, If are volatile?")
disable tapestry from remember the value of the RadioGroup before it
was submitted.  If volatile is set to false, tapestry will use that
former value instead of the new value (the one you select).

I HTH; it cost me a lot of time to figure this out.