Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by siddharth srivastava <ak...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 22:01:23 UTC

Regarding Madhare

Hi

While converting madhare to a JUnit test, I was just wondering what does
"madhare" means or the purpose behind this name ?

Would it still be a good idea to name the new test as MadhareTest.java
(considering the fact at this moment I don't know what it means :) ) ?

--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava

Re: Regarding Madhare

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:01 PM, siddharth srivastava
<ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> While converting madhare to a JUnit test, I was just wondering what does
> "madhare" means or the purpose behind this name ?
>
> Would it still be a good idea to name the new test as MadhareTest.java
> (considering the fact at this moment I don't know what it means :) ) ?
>
> --
> Regards
> Siddharth Srivastava

I think 'madhare' was the project name for one of the early versions
of the dbms 'Cloudscape', Derby's ancestor.
Renaming the test makes sense (although MadhareTest is cute).

Myrna

Re: Regarding Madhare

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 3/25/11 2:01 PM, siddharth srivastava wrote:
> Hi
>
> While converting madhare to a JUnit test, I was just wondering what
> does "madhare" means or the purpose behind this name ?
Hi Siddharth,

I have a vague memory that the Mad Hare deliverable was an internal
milestone on the way to producing the first Cloudscape release. I don't
know why that whimsical name was chosen.

Regards,
-Rick