Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by France <ma...@isg.si> on 2015/12/07 16:17:03 UTC

Missing login console in PV image of Ubuntu 14.04

Hello everyone,

I used Ubuntu 14.04 image on XS 6.0.2+HF and CS 4.3.* from Osay’s image dump:
http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/

It works, but the problem is, that I get not console/tty/login prompt when using CS/Xenservers console access.
I just see the last boot script action.

I can use the VM fine via ssh, but I would also like to have local console login possible.

These are last two lines in boot.log as well as on console. One would expect the login promt to follow, but there is none:

 * Restoring resolver state...                                           [ OK ]
 * Stopping System V runlevel compatibility                              [ OK ]

Any ideas?
Regards,
F.

Re: Missing login console in PV image of Ubuntu 14.04

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
Yes it is XEN PV image. Works now just fine. If you make this image, please add that file, so console will work on XenServer in PV mode.
I have manually removed all the cloud init scripts as well as unneded software (for vmWare, etc..)
I have left only the password script.

There is also a readme file on the server with omnious message:
http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/ubuntu/vanilla/14.04/x86_64/READ_ME.txt

:-)

Thank you for showing interest. Also if you are aware of any other repositorys for CS / Xen compatible images, please do let me know.

Regtards,
F.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
France,